Losing your card can feel like the end of the world, but we’ve got your back. If you believe your Vox Money Card has been lost, stolen or used without your permission – here’s what to do and how to avoid it happening again.
What to do if you lose your card
If you think your card is lost or stolen, you must contact us as soon as possible on +44(0)203 503 0307. Alternatively, you can also freeze your card using the mobile app or make the card inactive using your online account.
What if someone unauthorised is using my card?
If you become aware or if you think that your card PIN or Vox Money account details are known to an unauthorised person (a person other than you) , or if you think a transaction is unauthorised, try to tell us quickly as possible by contacting email@example.com or calling customer service on +44(0)203 503 0307.
What does it mean for my money?
Your maximum liability for any unauthorised transactions on your Vox Money account is £50, unless investigations show that any disputed transaction was in fact authorised by you, or if you have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence.
That could mean you have failed to keep your card or your card PIN secure or you haven’t notified us quickly enough about the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your card. In these extreme cases, you will be liable for any loss we incur from misuse of your card.
As long as you’ve been honest and have not used your card fraudulently, at the end of our investigation we will refund transactions which were not authorised by you, the cardholder. This will apply to all transactions made after you notified us of the loss, theft, or unauthorised use of your Vox Money account.
As part of our terms and conditions, we reserve the right to:
- Charge you for any reasonable costs that come up as we try to stop the unauthorised use of your card
- To recover any monies owed as a result of the unauthorised use of your card
How to keep your Vox Money account secure?
We want to keep your money safe as much as you do. If you want to keep your account details secure, don’t take any risks. It’s your account, so don’t let anyone else use it. That means keeping your card PIN secret at all times. If you’re worried someone knows it, remember, you can change your card PIN at most UK ATMs by selecting the “PIN services” option.
5 tips to keep your account details safe
- Don’t reveal any security details such as your Customer ID, your online password or your mobile passcode to anybody.
- If you suspect that anyone else knows any security details for your Vox Money account, change them immediately.
- Don’t access your app or online account on unsafe public Wi-Fi connections where you can’t be sure who’s watching.
- Carry out regular virus checks on your own computer to make sure nobody is spying on your computer.
- Make sure you have a difficult password set up on your Vox Money account and passcode your mobile phone so it can’t easily be accessed if your phone is stolen.
To report your card stolen, do it as soon as you realise on +44(0)203 503 0307 – we’ve got you covered.